Happy Monday, Happy February, Happy time to check if you’re still on track!
Okay, today is the start of February, about the time most people give up on their New Years resolutions. So this is your chance to make sure you’re on track, or get refocused! You are not most people, you are going to change your life this year!
So I have a task for you!
Sit down sometime today & look back to what your goals were at the start of the new year. Now be honest, are you doing everything you can to make those goals happen… Are you still doing anything to make them happen?
If yes, then great! Keep up the hard work 🙂 I’m very proud of you!
If not, that’s ok, heck that’s what I’m here for!
Even if you haven’t fallen off track here is something you can to do make sure you’re moving closer to your goals and re-motivate you!
Here’s what I want you to do:
1. Sit down, look at those goals and see which ones are really important to you.
2. Write down your new/ improved goals at the top of a piece of paper. Decide which one or two you want to focus on this month and make it your “main goal” for February.
3. Underneath your main goal(s) write down at least 3 “action goals” for this week that will help you get closer to your main goals.
4. Then write down 4-5 “action goals” for the whole month to keep you focused.
5. Keep this piece of paper somewhere you will see it everyday; stick it to your mirror, hang it right by your door, anywhere you will look at it more than once a day. This will not only remind you to do those action goals, but seeing it multiple times a day will help it sink into your subconscious.
(Don’t skip 5 it is extremely important)
6. Then every week write down 3 more action goals to keep you continuously getting closer! These weekly action goals can be very similar or the same, if that’s what you need to reach your goals.
If you’re a little confused as to what I mean I’ll give you some help.
Here are mine:
Main goal: make sure I am prepared and don’t look out of place in my fitness competition.
This weeks action goals:
1. Practice posing >3 times
2. Give my all in each workout (yes, even cardio)
3. Hit my macros within 5-10 grams
4. Start my day with positive affirmations
Monthly action goals:
1. Buy my shoes
2. Practice walking in those shoes
3. Send posing routine to coach to get feedback
4. Continue killing my workouts
5. Hit my macros
6. Stay positive & visualize myself on stage
Your main goals don’t have to be fitness focused! You can use these for any tip of goal you have, and I recommend that you break all of your goals down into mini and action goals to help you achieve your goals in all areas of your life.
There are still 11 months left in 2016, so let’s make the most of it and cross those resolutions off your list!