When you study successful people you will notice that one commonality between most of them is having a set routine, or “morning ritual” that they do first thing every day.
Think of it, when you wake up and things are going well, the sun is shining and you feel rested the rest of the day just seems to go that much better, right?
So, what if you set out to ensure that each day was much better and more productive by creating a morning ritual for yourself?
It doesn’t have to be fancy, just a few things that will get you focused and help you to have a great day!
Here’s a clip of my morning ritual:
– Wake up and stretch (in bed), I try to make myself as long as possible just to really wake my body and get blood flowing.
– Walk to the fridge and grab my cold water bottle and have a few drinks
– Wash my face
– Write down 3 (or more) things I’m grateful for
– Set my daily intentions/ goals / to do’s for the day
– Read from my daily inspiration book
– Either workout or go to work, depending on my schedule
Notice how I didn’t put anything about whining about getting up, checking all of my social media sites or complaining about all I have to do?
Those things just waste time, and will definitely not put me in a good mood for the rest of the day!
So get your set started on a positive note!
If you don’t know where to start try this:
– wake up
– Smile and stretch
– Say, “today is a great day” out loud, three times with meaning
– Drink some water
– Write down 5 things your thankful for
If that’s too much, start with two or three things and slowly add in the others 🙂
Try it tomorrow!
There’s no need to wait for a new year or a new week to start a new habit.